Chance to Win a Free Windows Slate
We’re excited about what Windows 8 means to developers. Broad reach, excellent tools, amazing user experience and a world-class store make Windows 8 is the largest developer opportunity ever. We want to help you take advantage of this opportunity & give you a chance to win a free slate!
Here’s how it works:
- Profile and register your app (send us an email at MsNextDe@Microsoft.com for details on how to register and profile)
- Create a Windows 8 Metro style application
- Attend a Windows 8 Excellence lab and demo your application (there are both local labs and online labs)
- After your demo, email your name and the date of your demo to MsNextDe@Microsoft.com
PLEASE NOTE: If you attended an Excellence lab prior to the start date of this promotion but would like to receive a Sweepstakes entry for submitting an application, please send an email to MsNextDe@Microsoft.com with your name and the message “Please enter me into the Windows 8 Drawing”.
The “Build It to Win It” Challenge will award FIVE Samsung Series 7 Slate Touch Tablets at the end of the sweepstakes period on June 30, 2012.
For more details, please see the official rules.
To help you get started:
- Download and install the Windows 8 Release Preview
- Download and install the Visual Studio 11 Express Beta for Windows 8
- Have additional questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to help!
Want to stay connected with our Evangelists? Visit their blogs to keep informed about all the latest news, updated information and local events you can attend.
- Me https://jaredbienz.wordpress.com
- Jennifer Marsman http://blogs.msdn.com/b/jennifer/
- Jeff Brand http://slickthought.net/
- Clark Sell http://csell.net/
Windows Developer Center for Metro apps – http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/apps/ (there is a wealth of information if you click on the “Learn” menu item at the top)
Design guidance – http://design.windows.com
Sample code – http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/windowsapps/
Forums for asking questions and getting unblocked – http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windowsapps
Test your app before submitting with the Windows App Certification Kit (WACK)